Why study in UK
England is never in a hurry because she is eternal.
This quote by Henryk, a Polish Nobel winning novelist says it all.
What was true about the UK centuries ago, remains true today as well. UK is renowned for its education system, top ranked universities and for producing
World leaders. Not to forget UK is also the home to English, the language of business. Explore Study in UK
Some of the important reasons to study in UK
- Prestigious universities
- Highest number of Triple Accredited Business schools in the world
- Flexible Education system: International exchange programs and semester abroad
- 1 year Masters degree programs
- London is home to top companies and banks from across the globe
- No need to learn a new language
|*There are several other programs but we have mentioned the most chosen programs by international students|
What to study in the UK
Where & when to study in UK
Combining both public and private universities, UK has around 70+ universities in world’s top 500 and 4 in global top 10. Despite Brexit, UK universities remain united in their joint efforts to continuing welcoming international students from across the EU and the entire world
- Spring Intake: Classes commence from January to March
- Fall Intake: Classes commence in September, October
*Best time to apply: 6-8 months in advance
BEST BUSINESS SCHOOLS IN UK
BEST UNIVERSITIES IN UK
SCHOLARSHIPS TO STUDY IN UK
Provided to students of commonwealth countries, Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan aims at providing funds for one-year master’s courses as well as a doctoral degree of three to four years. Amongst the various scholarships for Indian students to study in UK, the British Council, Ministry of Human Resource Development India, Commonwealth Scholarships Commission and the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) entail this scholarship.
- Graduate degree with a minimum of 60% or more in Humanities & Social Science or 65% or more in Medical, Science, Technology, Engineering and Agriculture.
- Application Deadline: 30 October 2019-20 November 2019
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships is also one of the major scholarships for Indian students to study in UK. Offered by the British Council, this scholarship constitutes of 10 long-term awards in the field of visual arts and heritage conservation for one-year long courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
- Age limit: 25-38 years.
- Graduate degree, diploma/certification in their chosen field.
Felix Scholarships for Indian students to study in UK are launched with the objective to give fair opportunities to academically skilled underprivileged students around the world to study in the UK. This scholarship grants funds for those aspiring to pursue a postgraduate degree in the Oxford University, School of Oriental and African Studies, and the University of Reading. There are six scholarships awarded to Indian graduates every year.
- Eligibility Criteria:
The applicant should be under 30 years of age.
- Graduate degree in first-class or with an equivalent level must be obtained.
When to apply: September every year
Amongst the oldest scholarships for Indian students to study in UK, Rhodes Scholarship program awards five scholarships to study at Oxford University. It is offered to those wanting to pursue postgraduate degree level courses at the university for a duration of one or two years. The scholarship consists of an annual stipend covering college fees, living costs and economy class air tickets.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students:
- A formal education pursued at an Indian institution for at least 4-10 years is essential.
- Age limit: 19-25 years.
- An undergraduate degree in first-class or with an equivalent level must be obtained.
When to apply: June to July every year
As one of the major scholarships for Indian students to study in UK, the Hornby Scholarship program was created in 1961 honouring A.S. Hornby, the creator of the Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dictionary. It is provided to English teachers willing to pursue one-year master’s degree in English Language Teaching (ELT) at the University of Warwick. In Hornby scholarships for Indian students to study in UK, a monthly stipend is provided for the costs of living, tuition, visa and language tests.
Eligibility criteria for Indian Students
- A full-time university degree in English or Education.
- Three years of experience as a full-time teacher.
- The applicants need to fulfill the English proficiency test specified by the university.
When to apply: October to September every year
Cost of studying in UK for Indian students: Living Costs
VISA TO STUDY & WORK IN UK
Short Stay Visa
Details: Student visa to short programs 1-2 months
Duration: Max 2 months depending on program length
When to apply: 2-3 months before course
Where to apply: VFS or Consulate
Right to work: Nil
Long Stay Visa
Details: Student visa to Degree program
Duration: 1-year min.
When to apply: 2-3 months before the program
Where to apply: VFS or Consulate
Right to work: 10-20 hours per week max. depending on study level
Work Permit Visa
On Sept 11th 2019 the UK introduced 2 years STAY BACK Visa for international students to work or seek employment.